Dr. Ankica Čilaš Šimpraga (1970-2020)
- its Terminological Group,
- editorial board of “Folia Onomastica Croatica”,
- national expert on onomastic terms and standardization of geographical names at the European Commission,
- East Central and South-East Europe Division of UNGEGN
- Croatian Cartographic Society.
Since 2005 she has been working on the project “Onomastic Research in Croatia”. Besides that, she has been realising the project “Database of Contemporary Croatian Personal Names” since 2014. In 2018, she launched the project “Research of Anthroponymy in Croatia in the 15th Century”.
Ankica Čilaš Šimpraga is the winner of the Award of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts for the highest scientific achievements in the Republic of Croatia for 2018 in the field of philological sciences.
Our deepest sympathy goes to her relatives in this time of grief.